Read the 7 essential tips to speed up the ACL surgery recovery timeline. The typical ACL reconstruction rehabilitation timeline is 6-9months with some going much longer. However if you follow these 7 recovery tips you will see an immediate increase in the rate at which you are recovering.
What affects your ACL recovery rate?
- Extent if damage done to the ACL during the initial injury
- Strength of your leg and knee before you have surgery
- Amount of rehabilitation and post operative physiotherapy you actively participate in
- The surgeons procedure and skill level matters
- If there are any medical complication in the surgery or after it Read more…
How long the recovery time is from acl surgery until returning to activity depends on what you are wanting to return to. If you are looking to return to work and you sit at an office desk than as soon as you are able to walk you can begin returning for part time work. You will be able to walk before you are able to drive therefore you will need to get a ride into work.
If your job involves standing and moving around than most surgeons will recommend 4-6 weeks before you return. Read more…